It's here!!! The Wii is here! I was anxious all day, waiting for UPS to deliver the Wii. It's here, and it's set up and my dad and I played for a couple of hours. I have to say, the Wii is the perfect gaming system for the whole family. Compared to the other systems my family has owned in the past that were geared towards the younger generation. My brother and I used to have the original Nintendo, then we had a Sega. One year for Christmas I got a PlayStation, but that was after my brother moved out of the house and was on his on, so it wasn't as fun playing by myself. Anyway... kudos to Nintendo for coming up with such a genius idea that brings the family back together again! Even my technologically challenged mother is able to play Wii Bowling.
I finally got my spring schedule for my job on campus. I have almost twice as many hours a week this semester, but that's a good thing. However, my Mondays and Wednesdays look pretty hectic. Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays aren't too bad... so that makes up for it I guess. I'll report back about that.
I'm leaving home to go "home" tomorrow. I'm way excited to see all my friends again. It's been kind of lonely here at home because the only people I really socialize with are my parents and my one best friend in town. (I have more friends than that... I promise. They just live in a 60+ mile radius.) Plus, the only thing fun to do here is either go to the movies (at the sketchy theater that only plays 5 different movies) or hang out at Target. Both options can get pretty pricey for someone who makes as much money as me (which is close to none).
I have an addition to my "playlist of nostalgia": "Far Behind" by Candlebox.
It's one of those songs I haven't heard in years, probably, but can recognize as soon as I hear the opening chords. It also reminds me of a night drive, which I'm totally a fan of. Night drives with the windows rolled down (when the weather is decent) and good music is one of my favorite things. If I made more money and gas wasn't so pricey, I'd probably make night drives more often.
Friday, January 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment