
I've waited for this day for the past couple of months. The release of The Fray's new album. It's so good! I seriously love The Fray. I remember buying their "How to Save a Life" album my senior year of high school and pretty much never took the CD out of my car. I have about 5 copies of the CD because I either played it so much that it started skipping, or I lost my previous copy and had to burn an extra. So yes, The Fray and I have a wonderful history.
My favorite song so far on the new album is "Syndicate." For some reason it reminds me of my grandma. She's someone who's on my mind daily, and consumes a lot of my thoughts. I get kind of sad when other people talk about their grandparents because I don't have any living grandparents anymore, and it's just kind of sad to not have that relationship anymore. I never in a million years thought I'd miss my grandma this much, but I do... and the lyrics to this song describe exactly how I feel.
Halfway around the world
Lies the one thing that you want
Buried in the ground, hundreds of miles down
First thing that arises in your mind while you awake
Bending you 'til you break
Let me hold you now
Baby, close your eyes
Don't open 'til the morning light
Baby, don't forget
You haven't lost it all yet...
Truth is, The Fray helps me get through a lot of emotional times. Their music helped me get through senior year of high school. I'm glad their new album is no exception.
No comments:
Post a Comment