So, this time next week I'll be in NEW ORLEANS! I have to admit I'm pretty dang excited about it. I'm going for the entire week with some other students from my InterVarsity chapter to help rebuild/reconstruct/finish up some houses that other volunteers have been working on in New Orleans and in the area. We're partnering with EFCA Crisis Response, which is an awesome organization. I went last year during Spring Break and had one of the most amazing weeks ever. I'm not really sure exactly why I enjoyed this week so much, but I just know God met me in a way I didn't expect. Not a day has gone by where I don't think about New Orleans, my time there, or the people in the community. I left my heart in New Orleans and I'm so excited to go back! Here's hoping that this trip will be just as awesome, or even more awesome than last year!
This week is going to be so rough to get through. I've already wanted to just quit life and just sleep until Saturday when we leave for New Orleans [about three times today]. It's cold outside, I'm in classes all day, and I pretty much don't get to have any fun during the week. I'm looking forward to the 70 degree weather, beignets, and yummy BBQ [and mac & cheese... my fave!] that Nawlins has to offer. It's the only thing that's getting me through this week--the warm weather and getting an opportunity to help out some wonderful people in need. Oh, and the fact that I won't have any classes for a week!

No comments:
Post a Comment